This experiential immersion for Yoga Teachers spread over 2 weekends (15-16, 22-23 May 21′) will support you with an understanding of the fundamentals of Qigong (气功) and Traditional Chinese Medicine (中医) so you may begin to incorporate these within your personal practice and the Yoga classes you teach for better balance, health and vitality.
Subjects covered in the immersion include:
Introduction to Theory, philosophy & practice of Qigong
- History & Philosophy of Qigong 气功 & how Qigong differs from Taiji 太极
- How Qigong relates to Taoism, I Ching (易经) & Tao Te Ching (道德经)
- Types of Qigong & differences
- Bioenergetics of Qigong from Eastern & Western perspectives
- Benefits of Qigong & precautions
- 3 Fundamental Qigong concepts
Qigong & Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Fundamentals
- How Qigong relates to Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- Yin Yang 阴阳 Philosophy & the 5 Elements 五行
- The 3 Treasures, 4 Vital Substances & how they relate to your Qigong practice
- Meridian Theory & Qigong
- 20 Meridian Channels 经络, 3 Elixir Fields Dantian 丹田, Meridian Clock
- Key Meridian Points 穴位 for Self-acupressure
Qigong & Yoga
- Drawing parallels & distinctions between Yoga & Qigong
- Integrating Qigong in your Yoga practice
- Qigong practices suitable for integrating with Yoga, including warm-ups, stances, standing meditation, moving stances
- Intentional & Intelligent sequencing of Qigong in Yoga
- Framework & best practices for integrating Qigong in your Yoga classes
- How to approach introducing Qigong to your students
- 15/5 Sat, 16/5 Sun, 22/5 Sat & 23/5 Sun
- 06:30 – 12:30 PT (San Francisco) | 09:30 – 15:30 EST (New York) | 15:30 – 21:30 CET (Europe) (Including lunch break)
- All sessions are held online on Zoom
- This live training accounts for 20 CEUs with Yoga Alliance USA
This training for certified Yoga teachers who are interested to explore Qigong and Traditional Chinese Medicine, including beginners. No prior experience in Qigong is necessary.
- Full: €579 (~US$689)
- Earlybird: Save 10% using the code Eearlybird (Till 25/4 23:59 CET) on checkout
- Limited to 12 spots only, registration closes 10/5 23:59 CET
- Fee includes Digital manual, live sessions & 2 weeks recording access after
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Full certification & CEUs will be given only upon 100% attendance for this training.
- Once full payment is made, no refund will be given. If you are unable to attend due to an emergency you may appoint a replacement before the training begins.
“Wenlin’s masterclasses are intelligently structured to draw out what is deep inside you. Wenlin is genuinely curious and caring and draws from her own experience and continued studies and different disciplines to help you.” – Rebeca, mentee, Massage Therapist & Yoga Teacher-in-training
Wenlin’s Qigong Flow is a wonderful practice with a nice combination of Qi Gong, Tai Chi, and Yoga blended together smoothly and comfortably. Wenlin provided clear directions, modeling and guided practice allowing new clients to participate completely. – Gail, student
Wenlin Tan 陈文琳
E-RYT 200, RYT 500, YACEP Yoga Alliance USA.
Wenlin has been studying movement since she was 9, and teaching since 2016. She is known for her unique style, Qigong Flow, that integrates eastern philosophy, Qigong and Yoga. A native chinese speaker born and bred in Singapore, this training is informed by Wenlin’s continued training with various teachers, including Dr Becky Chen of Mahota Clinic, Dr Wang Xun of the Singapore College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Singapore, Master Chungliang Al Huang, Master Shi Yi-Heng, Mimi Kuo-Deemer and Daisy Lee.